Hornbill Nest is a Homestay with just 4 rooms but the bird hides or observatories are set up by Kiran Poonacha.
Kiran Poonacha, being an enthusiastic birder and wildlife photographer, has set up observatories where one can enjoy seeing many birds and small animals at close quarters . These observatories give great opportunities to photograph many species of the Western Ghats here. The birdlife in and around the property and the Devarakadu is very diverse.
Hornbill Nest has 4 observatories for birding (Hides like some say )
2 are feeders - one for morning photography and the other for evening photography
1 is a water observatory generally evening with good opportunities to make some reflection shots of some birds that come to bathe,
And the most recent addition is a Parakeet Observatory.
Apart from the birding observatories we also have some trails that you can walk around in the estate that can also present many more opportunities for birding.
As our property touches the Devarakadu ( Gods Forest ) on one side we also have a lot of opportunities for macro photography of butterflies, insects, frogs, snakes etc depending on your interest, focus and most importantly luck on the trip.
PC - Hornbillnest, Coorg
Cost Per Person on twin sharing basis - Rs 9,520. Check with us for Single Stay Cost
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation - twin sharing basis. Please check with us for single accommodation.
- Meals: For a night stay - 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner and one time Tea / Coffee with Snacks
- Activities included - Accesses to bird observatories - One complimentary sitting for a night stay. @500- per head for every additional sitting to be booked in advance,
- Campfire subject to weather conditions
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport up to Hornbill Nest. Please refer to Addons for reaching Hornbill Nest
- Any flight / train / bus / cab booking (KeyTerns can facilitate the booking at nominal convenience charges)
- Activities included - Accesses to bird observatories @500- per head each additional sitting to be booked in advance,
- One evening drive to a scenic spot additional charges.
- GST extra as per Government rules. Price given is indicative. Please inquire to get right price with revised travel and booking validity
- Anything other than inclusions