Hornbill Nest is a Homestay with just 4 rooms but the bird hides or observatories are set up by Kiran Poonacha.
Kiran Poonacha, being an enthusiastic birder and wildlife photographer, has set up observatories where one can enjoy seeing many birds and small animals at close quarters . These observatories give great opportunities to photograph many species of the Western Ghats here. The birdlife in and around the property and the Devarakadu is very diverse.
Hornbill Nest has 4 observatories for birding (Hides like some say )
2 are feeders - one for morning photography and the other for evening photography
1 is a water observatory generally evening with good opportunities to make some reflection shots of some birds that come to bathe,
And the most recent addition is a Parakeet Observatory.
Apart from the birding observatories we also have some trails that you can walk around in the estate that can also present many more opportunities for birding.
As our property touches the Devarakadu ( Gods Forest ) on one side we also have a lot of opportunities for macro photography of butterflies, insects, frogs, snakes etc depending on your interest, focus and most importantly luck on the trip.
Read more on https://hornbillsnest.in/
What is included in the tour
- Price given is valid for stay till 31st May 2021
- Accommodation - twin sharing basis. Please check with us for single accommodation.
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner and Tea / Coffee with Snacks Twice
- Activities included - Accesses to bird observatories - Two complimentary sitting. @500- per head for every additional sitting to be booked in advance,
- One Campfire subject to weather conditions
- One morning trail walk,
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport up to Hornbill Nest. Please refer to Addons for reaching Hornbill Nest
- Any flight / train / bus / cab booking (KeyTerns can facilitate the booking at nominal convenience charges)
- Activities included - Accesses to bird observatories @500- per head each additional sitting to be booked in advance,
- One evening drive to a scenic spot additional charges.
- GST extra as per Government rules. Price given is indicative. Please inquire to get right price with revised travel and booking validity
- Anything other than inclusions
Food preferences to be confirmed at the time of booking. An Itinerary would be as follows:
12.30 pm Check-in With a welcome drink
1-2.30 pm lunch and relax/ observatory visit
4.30- 5.30 pm tea/ coffee snack served in the garden
Following nature walk/ birding around the property depd. on weather.
7 pm unwind under the stars with campfire Followed by dinner 8-10 pm
8- 9.30 am tea/coffee
Breakfast-Enjoy the the back valley view
1-2.30 pm lunch served and relax/ observatory visit
4. 30 - 5.30 pm. tea/ coffee snack served in the garden
Or optionally (seasonally), a jeep drive to a scenic spot (additional charges)
7 pm campfire optional on request seasonal
Followed by dinner 8.00 -10 pm
8-9.30 am tea/coffee breakfast
Relax / visit to the observatory / bird walk
Check out at 10.30am.