Dandeli, a nature lover’s idea of paradise, is located in the Western Ghats region in northern Karnataka. Our Birding Spot Resorts are Located amidst the forest. It’s the right kind of place for relaxing away from the city. Added advantage is the variety of birds which visit the campus, with a naturalist available to explain flora and fauna.
The forests of Dandeli are home to four species of hornbills – Indian Grey Hornbill (Ocyceros birostris), Malabar Grey Hornbill (Ocyceros griseus), Malabar Pied Hornbill (Anthracoceros coronatus) and Great Hornbill (Buceros bicornis). Of the four species, the Malabar Pied Hornbill is the most common.
Why should you do a Birding trip at Dandeli with us?
- To get Wow experience: Little paradise for Birding
- To get Results: Proud to have done Birding at Dandeli and to capture great birding in your camera
- To make it easy for you: You can focus on your Birding while we take care of everything else
What is included in the tour
- Stay at OMH for 1 night (subject to availability) and Homestay on 2nd night or 2 nights Homestay with focus on Birding
- Private transportation at Dandeli, Pick-up and drop at Hubli
- 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport upto Hubli / Dandeli / Dharwad
- GST extra as per Government rules. Price given is indicative. Please inquire to get right price with revised travel and booking validity
- Anything not in inclusions
- Chance to sight Malabar Pied Hornbill
- Best possible Birding at a Place where 270+ Species are listed in ebird
- Experienced Naturalist guiding
- Comfortable travel and stay arrangements
Day 1 : Hotel Transfer, Check in at Old Magazine House and first Birding session
Old Magazine House is a Karnataka Government Forest Department owned Jungle Lodge Resorts Property, popular for Birding, Hide, Stay and Food.
1. As per plan chosen, we can pick you up at Hubli or at Dandeli. You will board the Vehicle and reach Stay place. During the travel, you will witness the beauty of Dandeli, it’s wilderness, tall trees, Birds chirping, local life, and so on.
2. Post check in at stay place, rest and some food, Naturalist will meet you
3. After the meet & greet and briefing of session plan, Birding Curator will do 1st Birding session to leave everlasting memories. I am sure you will capture some great moments and photos of Birds 4. After session, you will relax at Stay place with Dinner and overnight stay.
- Itinerary steps: 1
- Meals included: lunch, dinner
- Accommodation included: Overnight Stay At Old Magazine House Dandeli
Day 2 : 2nd Birding in the morning, Check in at Jungle Homestay and do 3rd Birding session
After Breakfast, Curator will meet & greet, brief about the session, and will do 2nd Birding session to leave everlasting memories. I am sure you will capture some great moments and photos of Birds. After session, you will relax at stay place for some time or you can do Coracle ride in Kali River organized by OMH
Thereafter, we will pick you up from Old Magazine House and take you to deep jungle of Dandeli to the Milind’s Homestay. Milind is locally knowledgeable in birding locations and is hospitable. Post lunch, he will plan sessions and arrange 3rd Birding till evening. Later, you will have home food dinner and take rest in his homestay with loads of stories of Dandeli Birding. Being a jungle, he cannot take you far in the night, but he may try short duration night birding.
- Itinerary steps: 1
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation included: Overnight Stay at Milind’s Homestay with common washrooms
Day 3 : 4th Birding session in the morning, Lunch and 5th Birding session and Airport or Station transfer
Dandeli is so vast. That’s where someone like Milind is helpful who is well versed about Birding Spots. He will take you to best spots like Timber Depot, Kulgi, Lakefront, etc. for the best possible Birding. He will do session in the morning and post lunch. Thereafter, we will arrange Airport / Railway Station / Bus Station Transfer at Hubli / Dandeli / Dharwad.
- Itinerary steps: 1
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch
- Accommodation not included
- Dandeli can be visited any time. Best for birding would be from August to Feb. March to May would be hot but still people have seen 40 to 50 rare birds in 3 days.
- Transport upto Dandeli – KSRTC & Private Buses are available from Bengaluru and some cities.
- Transport upto Hubli – KSRTC, Private Buses, Trains and Flights are available from Chennai, Bengaluru and other cities.
- Single occupancy cost will be extra.