About this trip
This is a Learning Trip on Nature and Community. We will take you to this micro forest on the banks of river Siruvani where you can learn how the nature creates a forest on its own when no damage is done. We will also learn about lifestyle of locals, do some community service, trek around hills, experience thousands of fireflies around you and visit Silient valley.
This place is refreshing, amidst the hills, trekkable or hikable, and safe.
This Retreat Centre is a lifestyle learning centre situated in a micro forest farm on the banks of river Siruvani near Vada Kottathara which is close to Anaikatti. Anaikatti is on the way to Silent Valley National Park from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
What do you get from this trip?
- Teachings you get - Learning yoga, meditation, how micro forest was developed, about fireflies, and communal living.
- Experience of Fireflies show - Because this place is maintained like a forest, there are more fireflies in the night. Show starts from 7 PM. Its watching a Fireflies show. March, April and May are the peak months. Still it is stunning in other months if there is no rain. After watching the show, you walk around the forest where you will see fireflies sparkling and glowing all around you. Its an exciting experience. It will be like you are walking on the dark sky with stars glowing around you. Show does not end there. You go to the river side, sit on the rock in the middle of the river and watch the forest to see the fireflies glowing. Its a must watch amazing experience indeed.
- Meditation - This place is perfect for those who like meditation / silence. You can do Sunrise Meditation or Meditation in the Meditation hall surrounded by forest or open eyes Fireflies meditation or River watching meditation or Sarva Roopa Dhyana and so on.
- Riverside Experience - Siruvani river runs along this forest farm. You can take a dip, play in the water or sit on rock in the middle of the river and watch the river flowing gently.
- Trek - this places is surrounded by small hills and hillocks. The group can do trek to get refreshing feel and experience of the abundance of mother nature.
- Tribal Temple - there is a beautiful tribal temple nearby. One can visit there to get the local culture.
- Silent Valley National Park visit - Its one of the rainforests in India.
Price - Check with us
- Must Read before booking - This is not a resort or a home stay. Its a retreat centre with basic stay inside micro forest. Insects will be there. Once you understand the importance of those creatures, you will not disturb them. Minimum of 30 mins silence / meditation would be required in the morning and in the evening with some volunteering work inside the Retreat or outside the retreat to give back something to the environment that gives all to us and to the people around us to have oneness around us.
4:00 – 6:00 pm Rooms allotment
6:00 – 7:00 pm Introduction
7:00 – 7:45 pm Meditation/Firefly Gazing
8: 00 – 9:00 pm Dinner
10:00 pm Lights out
6: 00 - 7:00 am Meditation
7:00 – 10:00 am Siruvani River Visit (river dip optional) / Breakfast
10:00 – 11:00 am Selfless Seva
11:00 – 11:15 am Tea
11:15 – 12:30 Meditation/Satsang
1:00 – 2:00 Lunch
2:00 – 5:30 pm Silent Valley Visit
7:00 – 7:45 pm Meditation/Firefly gazing
8: 00 – 9:00 pm Dinner
10.00 pm Lights out
6: 00- 7:30 am Mild Trekking
8:30 – 9:30 am Breakfast
9:30 – 10:30 am Selfless Seva
01:00 – 02:00 Lunch
2:30 – 3:00 noon Sharing / Conclusion