About Social Learning Trip
Its an Experiential Social Travel with a bit of Volunteering. Lets understand further.
Experiential travel is all about experiencing something in Nature, Adventure, Heritage, Village, Culture, Spiritual, Wellness, etc.
Social Travel is all about many like minded Solo Travellers joining together to travel to contribute to the environment or people. Social Travel is different from normal travel. In normal travel you pay for all services. In Social travel, you help environment and people unconditionally apart from paying the money for the cost of trip. So, it has got bit off a Volunteering travel.
Social Learning Travel is where you get to learn something new.
About this trip
If you and your friends / families need like minded travellers to explore a new place which is refreshing, amidst the hills, trekkable or hikable, safe, and apt for meditation and relaxing, you would like this place.
Sat Darshan Retreat Centre is a lifestyle learning centre situated in a micro forest farm on the banks of river Siruvani near Vada Kottathara which is close to Anaikatti. Anaikatti is on the way to Silent Valley National Park from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
What do you get from this trip?
- Teachings you get from Sat Darshan Team headed by Mr. Anand. This place is owned SatDarshan was founded and established by R. Ananda Kumar in 2006, with the objective of setting up a yoga and meditation center aligned with the principles of alternative communal living.
- Experience of Fireflies show - Because this place is maintained like a forest, there are more fireflies in the night. Show starts from 7 PM. Its watching a Fireflies show. March, April and May are the peak months. Still it is stunning in other months if there is no rain. After watching the show, you walk around the forest where you will see fireflies sparkling and glowing all around you. Its an exciting experience. It will be like you are walking on the dark sky with stars glowing around you. Show does not end there. You go to the river side, sit on the rock in the middle of the river and watch the forest to see the fireflies glowing. Its a must watch amazing experience indeed.
- Meditation - This place is perfect for those who like meditation / silence. You can do Sunrise Meditation or Meditation in the Meditation hall surrounded by forest or open eyes Fireflies meditation or River watching meditation or Sarva Roopa Dhyana and so on.
- Riverside Experience - Siruvani river runs along this forest farm. You can take a dip, play in the water or sit on rock in the middle of the river and watch the river flowing gently.
- Trek - this places is surrounded by small hills and hillocks. The group can do trek to get refreshing feel and experience of the abundance of mother nature.
- Tribal Temple - there is a beautiful tribal temple nearby. One can visit there to get the local culture.
Price is Rs.1500 Per Person
- Experiences narrated about subject to the availability and weather condition
- Basic stay in a concrete structure room(s) with twin beds, an attached washroom and a fan. In case of a larger group, multiple sharing may be required.
- 3 times food, coffee / tea
- Transport upto Retreat Centre (Options are car / cab / bus: Coimbatore - Anaikatti - Kottathara - Chandakadai and Rs.100 Auto from Chandakadai to Retreat)
- Anything else.
- Must Read before booking - This is not a resort or a home stay. Its a retreat centre with basic stay inside micro forest. Insects will be there. Once you understand the importance of those creatures, you will not mind disturbing them. Minimum of 30 mins silence / meditation would be required in the morning and in the evening with some volunteering work inside the Retreat or outside the retreat to give back something to the environment that gives all to us and to the people around us to have oneness around us.
Reach Retreat Centre, Room allotment
Siruvani River Visit (river dip optional)
6:00 – 7:00 pm Introduction
7:00 – 7:45 pm Meditation/Firefly Gazing
8: 00 – 9:00 pm Dinner
10:00 pm Lights out
6: 00- 7:30 am Mild Trekking
8:30 – 9:30 am Breakfast
9:30 – 10:30 am Selfless Seva
11:00 – 12:30 am Mud Therapy in the river
01:00 – 02:00 Lunch
2:30 – 3:00 noon Sharing / Conclusion